Delivering Another Year of Great Benefits
Your Sysco delivery has arrived and it’s another year of great benefits—all for you. Now, it’s time to make your benefit elections, October 31—November 11! You’ll have the same robust benefits menu for 2017 that you have in 2016, with just a few changes and some new offerings!
2017 Benefits Enrollment is October 31-November 11! Your current benefit elections will carry forward to 2017. You do not need to actively enroll unless you want to enroll for the first time, make changes to your current benefits or elect a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) contribution amount for 2017. FSA elections do not carry forward. Health Savings Account elections will carry forward to 2017.
What’s New for 2017?
In 2017, you’ll have the same benefits options, services, tools and resources with just a few changes:
- Medical Plan Rates: Medical plan rates are increasing in line with healthcare inflation across all plans. The escalating cost of health care is a U.S. problem, impacting us at a company level and as individual participants. We will continue to provide tools, resources and education so that you can make the most effective use of your benefits each year and do your best to manage your healthcare costs. Rates for each plan will be available in the enrollment system beginning October 31.
- Tobacco Surcharge: The tobacco user surcharge will increase to $50 per month.
Premium Option Dental Plan: There will be improvements to this plan, including:
- Orthodontia coverage will now apply to dependent children up to age 26 (currently up to age 19).
- The calendar-year maximum will increase to $2,500 per person (currently $1,500 per person).
- Supplemental Associate Life Insurance: The maximum coverage amount for associate coverage under this voluntary benefit program will increase from 5 times your previous year’s eligible earnings* (to a maximum of $500,000) to 8 times your previous year’s eligible earnings* (to a maximum of $1,000,000 exclusive of basic life).
- Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance: The maximum coverage amount for spouse coverage under this voluntary benefit program will increase from $50,000 to $150,000; not to exceed 100% of associate’s basic and supplemental life insurance combined.
Prescription Drugs: There will be changes to the plan for all four medical options to reflect the rising cost of prescription drugs, including:
- The retail generic drug copay will increase from $10 to $12
- The Pharmacy-Filled Non-formulary will change from 50% ($75 min / $150 max) to 50% ($80 min / $160 max)
- The Mail Order generic drug copay will increase from $25 to $30
- The Mail Order Non-formulary will change from 50% ($150 min / $300 max) to 50% ($180 min / $350 max)
We’ve kept all of your other benefits the same. You can find the details in the 2017 Benefits eGuide.
What's New for 2017 Video
To check out what’s new for 2017, watch this special message from Paul Moscowitz, EVP-Human Resources.
Learn the Details!
View the Benefits eGuide for the details about your 2017 benefits.
Have Questions? We’ve got answers.